I may be late with the topic of this post, seeing that it’s the middle of August, but I feel like I’ve refined my beach bag game this summer, knowing exactly what to pack for an afternoon in the sun. My SoCal ladies can use this for the next few months while my other ladies may have to tuck this idea away until next summer or their future vacation.
7 Beach Bag Essentials
- Hydrate! Nothing is worse than getting down to the beach and forgetting water or your sports drink. You may think you won’t be thirsty during the duration of your sunny hours, but trust me, bringing a monster sized drink with you will make you and your body happy.
- Lip Balm- We often forget that our lips can also get burned. Make sure to bring something to keep your lips protected and hydrated. I use Burt’s Bee’s Pink Grapefruit Lip Balm.
- I love the ocean and what it does to my hair when I get out. Keep it tamed with a spray-on de-tangling spray and wide-tooth comb. Yes, I use a kid’s brand. 🙂
- Keeping your body loaded with SPF is just as important as your face, if not more. I use a dry oil spray that has SPF in it so I can get the best of all worlds: easy application, SPF, get some color. I also carry Peter Thomas Roth’s Instant Mineral Powder with SPF 30 with me everywhere. It’s so easy to apply and is super light, so there’s no reason not to use it.
- Hat! Protecting your scalp from the sun is very important. I always have a hat on when I’m not in the water.